Board of Directors
The San Joaquin Continuum of Care (SJCoC) Board of Directors is composed of thirteen active members who represent the Collaborative Applicant, the HMIS Lead Agency, and diverse, relevant stakeholders of the Membership Body. The SJCoC strives to ensure that the Board includes participants from as many backgrounds and geographic regions as possible. This includes ensuring that at least one member of the Board is a homeless or formerly homeless person, and at least one member who represents an Emergency Solutions Grant recipient or sub-recipient.
The Board is empowered to act on behalf of and in the best interest of the SJCoC. These duties include:
- Establishment of Standing and/or Ad Hoc Committees, such as the Application Committee, Nominating Committee or Point in Time Committee
- Service on CoC Committees.
- Review and approval of Continuum of Care Program applications, and presentation to the membership for final approval.
- Oversight of and coordination with the HMIS Lead Agency.
- Approval of CoC policies, including those for coordinated entry system, written standards, and HMIS.
- Evaluation of Collaborative Applicant and HMIS Lead.
- Execution of essential responsibilities as defined in the SJCoC Governance Charter.
Each year, the Ad Hoc Nominating Committee presents a slate of members for election at the SJCoC Annual Meeting. Each term is for two years beginning January 1 and ending December 31. If you would like to apply for membership on the SJCoC Board of Directors, complete this application and submit to Adam Cheshire at email@example.com
San Joaquin County Continuum of Care, Board of Directors
Jon Mendelson (Chair), Ready to Work
John Ledbetter (Vice-Chair), Lodi Committee on Homelessness
Randy Pinnelli (Secretary), Community Medical Centers
Scott Carney, City of Stockton
Adam Cheshire, San Joaquin County – County Administrator’s Office
Edward Figueroa, St. Mary’s Dining Room
Matt Garber, San Joaquin County – Health Care Services
Kate Hutchinson, Lutheran Social Services of Northern California
Sgt. Mike Kelly, Manteca Police Department
Britton Kimball, Gospel Center Rescue Mission
Bill Mendelson, Central Valley Low Income Housing Corporation
Peter W. Ragsdale, Housing Authority of the County of San Joaquin
Jennifer Rowell, Tracy Community Connections
Board of Directors Meeting Agendas and Minutes
|Meeting Date||Meeting Agenda||Meeting Minutes|
|January 9, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 14, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 11, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 9, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 13, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|July 11, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 8, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 9, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 10, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 14, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 12, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 9, 2020||Agenda|
|February 6, 2020||Agenda|